Ah, inbound marketing… the process that helps drive leads, close deals, increase search engine optimization, increase brand awareness, etc. (We could talk for days about how important inbound is.) There are many comprehensive elements that all work together during inbound marketing. The process works like this:
- Attract visitors
- Convert leads
- Close deals
- Delight customers
So, now that we know the benefits of inbound. It’s clear that it is a HUGE part of marketing that needs to be implemented. But first, let’s talk about the checklist you should have in place before starting your inbound marketing journey:
- Do you know your business goals for the year, quarter, and month?
- Do you have the metrics in place to meet these marketing goals?
- What is your primary target audience?
- Have you collected data for a target persona?
- Do you know the pain points of your everyday client?
- Does your business have the solution to those pain points?
- Have you conducted research on what your customers are searching Google for?
- Can you define the “why” of your business?
- Are you offering products or services that set you apart from competitors?
- Do you have a blog? Are you consistently posting on that blog?
- Have you done research on keywords specific to your industry to guide your blog strategy?
- Are you staying in touch with clients? Talking to them on a weekly basis?
- Have you created lead nurturing campaigns for customers who have expressed interest?
- Are you integrating inbound marketing into your sales process so that prospects get treated the same way all the way though your sales and marketing funnel?
- Do you have established lead and performance goals for each month
The process of inbound marketing covers everything from the first customer touch point, to the last. It can take a complete stranger and turn them into a brand advocate… that’s the beauty of it! It attracts, converts, closes and delights customers by knowing that they are in the right place at the right time. When done right, inbound marketing is an extremely effective way to reach customers in this digital world.