You may have already seen us preach about the necessity of having a business blog. That’s because blogs are strategically designed to generate new leads. Not only that, but they also generate trust and establish businesses as thought leaders, or experts, in their industry.
Regular blogging shows consumers that your business is intent on educating them and equipping them to make informed purchase decisions. Through a blog, a business is able to communicate an underlying message: “Our business wants to provide you with valuable content because we care.”
But if those reasons aren’t enough to convince you of your business’ need for a blog, we’ve got some cold, hard statistics and research to back up the benefits of blogging. Take a look at the ten stats below and ask yourself, “Can my business afford not to have a blog of our own?”
- 80% of people identify as blog readers. (Source)
- Businesses that blog generate 67% more leads than businesses that don’t. (Source)
- When businesses consistently publish blog posts, they see 5 times more website traffic and 4.5 times more leads generated. (Source)
- Small businesses with blogs get 126% more lead growth than those without. (Source)
- 61% of people will make a purchase after reading a recommendation on a blog. (Source)
- Websites with blog content have 434% more search engine-indexed webpages. (Source)
- Businesses that blog receive 97% more links to their website. (Source)
- Marketers who prioritize blogging see 13 times the positive ROI. (Source)
- Blogs have the potential to generate 2 times more email traffic. (Source)
- Due to their personal nature, blogs have been rated a top five trusted resource for accurate online information. (Source)
We hope these stats help remind you of the importance of having a business blog. More lead generation, more lead nurturing, more traffic, more trust, more sales… What’s your business waiting for? If you’re not blogging, someone in your industry is (which is putting you at a great risk of falling behind!). So, stop stalling and start relying on blogging today!
Know you want to start blogging (or take your current blogging strategy up a notch), but not sure how your business can fit in the time to do so? Contact us today to learn how we can help!