In our last post, we discussed why digital promotions are such a smart move for businesses to make.
Not only do they offer hot leads that your company can follow up on, but they also generate traffic to your business and make tracking ROI extremely attainable. They are shareable and viral in nature, leading to significant growth in email databases and social platforms. And let’s not forget the unbeatable publicity that digital promotions and radio create together!
It’s all exciting to think about, but how do we execute from here?
Today’s post will break down the first steps necessary to ensuring your digital promotion is a success! First and foremost: Your business must determine what the primary goal of the promotion will be.
Here are the two main goals of digital promotions:
1) Generating a list of hot leads
These are people who are in the market for your product or service right now. The right survey questions will lead you directly to these individuals and once the promotion is over, you will have the opportunity to reach out to them firsthand.
2) Gathering information about your business from the publicAre you curious as to why a certain service isn’t producing the level of results you’d like? Or are you wondering if people are even aware that your company offers the products that is does? The right survey questions will answer whatever you’re interested in learning about your current marketplace.
Digital success comes when your goal is clearly identified from the beginning and your survey questions reflect this goal. These questions are what hopeful winners are required to answer in order to be in the running for the grand prize. A typical promotion requires entrants to answer between 3-5 of these survey questions.
If your business is more interested in generating a list of hot leads, you could ask survey questions similar to the following:
- “When will you purchase your next car?”
- “Do you currently have health issues that would benefit from chiropractic care?”
- 0-3 months
- 3-6 months
- 6-9 months
- 9 months to over a year from now
- “Do the current window treatments in your home need updated to something newer/more efficient?”
- “Did you know that chiropractic care is a service that is typically covered by most insurance plans?”
- “What factors are most important to you when considering where to purchase a car?”
- “Did you know that proper window treatment upkeep could lead to reductions in your electric bills?”
(Notice how these types of questions also begin to get some wheels turning in the consumer’s mind.)
Questions from each of these categories can be combined in a promotion. However, it is of utmost importance that a primary goal is identified first, and the bulk of the survey questions reflect that goal.
The chance to ask such informative questions to potential consumers is an opportunity that should not be passed up. Discovering exactly where to find hot leads or learning that a business should start marketing its services differently are invaluable pieces of information for a company. The short-term and long-term benefits of asking the right survey questions in a digital promotion are too numerous to count.
Check back for the rest of this series, in which we’ll point out even more specific and helpful tips to achieving digital success!